1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Wood Dash with Instruments & Switches on eBay.

Discussion in 'Ebay / Craigslist / Other Discoveries' started by tylerite3124, Jun 27, 2020 at 6:41 PM.

1. tylerite3124

tylerite3124 Platinum Level Sponsor

2. bulldurham

bulldurham Platinum Level Sponsor

Looks to be solid oak , so not original. If you have gauges you can do a lot better for a lot less.

3. husky drvr

husky drvr Gold Level Sponsor

I don't know, ... that tractor ammeter really raises the interest level. :rolleyes:

Negative ground tach - can't read speedo number.

4. sunalp

sunalp Platinum Level Sponsor

I especially like the twin turn signals. It can be made to work, but not original.

5. 65beam

65beam Bronze Level Sponsor

Sunbeam eventually started using two lights for the turn signals. The E Bay dash has the blue light where the OD light would be . 100_0344.JPG

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020 at 8:49 AM
  6. RootesRooter

RootesRooter Platinum Level Sponsor

Interesting mish-mash of Series IV-V gauges. Anybody know if that no-number temp gauge was ever standard on super-late SV's?

7. sunalp

sunalp Platinum Level Sponsor

I've seen those gauges and might have had one , if memory serves, but I don't believe they were
    the standard gauge on an SV. It might have been a Chrysler cost cutting move using the parts
    bin mentality after they decided to discontinue the Alpines and Tigers.

8. puff4

puff4 Gold Level Sponsor

The heater levers also appear to be from an earlier car.

9. 65beam

65beam Bronze Level Sponsor

The heater control levers were used in early series 4.