• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

wood dash lettering

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Does anyone know the closest size and font to the stock lettering on a Tiger wood dash? Also, is a clear coat necessary after pressing on the letters to keep them there?

mikephillips

Donation Time
Don't know the font but I'd say yes on the clear coat to protect them from the natural wear and tear of your hands rubbing against them.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
When I did mine, I took one of the metal tags from my S4 (ST) and took it to a local hobby shop that specializes in trains. I got waterslide decals that were almost perfect,just slightly different. When I refinished the dash, I put two coats of polyurethane down, sanded it smooth, then applied the decals. After that coated the dash with 3 more coats of poly & sanded & buffed. They look great, just like all the original ones I've seen :D .
Cheers!
Steve

atallamcs

Donation Time
Dash Lettering

Sunbeam Specialties sells the wood dash boards. I had mine custom made by the same supplier to SS. They make thousands of dashes every year for all types of cars. I cannot remeber their name but they are in San Jose area--Rick would have the name--contact the owner as he matched the font and size exactly to stock and yes it is on the board before the clear coat.

Bill

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
wood dask lettering

Hi Jim,
No the decals were just letters. I had to put them together to say "lights" etc.
Wasn't very hard though!
Cheers!
Steve

P.S.: Let me know next time you're in NY!

havealucky

Donation Time
Dash Lettering

Here's what I found on this topic. Letraset has a "10 pt. Helvetica" in white that is a near perfect match. Unfortunately it is very hard to find but some digging might produce results.

I used Woodland Scenics lettering, obtained at the local hobby shop. www.woodlandscenics.com. They had to order it for me but it was worth the wait.

The one to get is Condensed Gothic, Part # MG738. Takes a bit of of fiddling to line 'em up but the font is so close to original as to be practically indistiguishable.

Hope this helps,

Tim B9470694