• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

wondering about oil filter part

napa 1

Donation Time
I've taken my oil filter assembly apart for restoration on the Le Mans and feel that there should be a rubber? washer/seal in between the top of the filter housing and the cap bolt that holds it in place? Anyone know if these are available anywhere? I'm going to check my parts book tonight for the specifics, but just thought others may have sourced this part already. Thanks.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
If it doesn´t actually fall apart you may be able to reuse the old one. New ones are not really available -as far as I´m aware. Furthermore and because it´s sitting very high not very prone to leaking though...

napa 1

Donation Time
I actually dug a bit and found the original one, in actually pretty good shape. You're right, its just a simple rubber o ring washer.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
don´t forget to change the lower sealing ring as well. I mean the one which sits in the lower alloy flange and seals against the steel cartridge body. It leaks like crazy if not exchanged. However it´s rather awkward to get out since it hardens over the years. It normally comes together with the new paper element and has to be oiled before insertion...