• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wiring up Fuel & Temp gauges

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
I am attempting to finish up wiring my dash gauges. As you can tell from my previous posts, I’m not well qualified to do this electrical work, thus the frequent calls for help.

When removing my old wiring harness and gauges, I didn’t pay close enough attention so now I need help on wiring up my Fuel and Water gauges. Both gauges have a single mounted spade connector and a double mounted spade connector (see photos). The fuel gauge receives information from the fuel sensor in the gas tank, the water (temp) gauge receives information from the temperature sending unit. Both gauges need power and ground. My problem is which spade connector is ground which is for the information (fuel info, temp info) and which spade is for ground. I don’t have a clue.

Attachments

• Fuel Gauge#!.jpg
    Fuel Gauge#!.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 29
  • Water Gauge#1.jpg
    Water Gauge#1.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 28

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
The double spade connector is for the power. The single spade connector is for the sender. The gauge housing provides the ground. For the earlier fuel and temp gauges (series 1 & 2) a good ground is required for the gauge to function. In series 3 to 5 fuel and temp gauges, the housing ground is only relevant for the light bulb to work.

Mike

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
Thakks Mike,
You saved my day yet again. With these two gauges installed, I have finished wiring all the dash components. Now it is on to installing the engine.
Mike