• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wiring an A4LD

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
There is a small handfull of wires coming out of my transmission. So far I have identified most of them. A single power feed for the two solenoids, a wire for each solenoid, a pair for the safety start circuit and a pair for the backup lights. That leaves one wire that is a mystery. Is not grounded to the transmission, what could it be for?

Bill

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Does that gearbox support a top gear lockout, like when towing or going down hill?

Mike

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Does that gearbox support a top gear lockout, like when towing or going down hill?

Mike
Sort of. Top gear engagement as well as torque converter lockup is controlled by the driver with the 3-4 solenoid and the lockup solenoid. It is possible to drive in third with the torque converter locked up. I think it is considered okay to downshift from 4th to 3rd while the converter is locked. I believe that 3rd is direct while 4th is .75:1.
Bill