• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wire wheels

kha1967

Donation Time
Hi

Can anyone help with the original methode the optional Dunlop wire wheels were painted from the factory? Furthermore can anyone tell me the exact dull gray colour code the optional Dunlop wire wheels were painted from the factory?

regards
Kenneth

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hi

Can anyone help with the original methode the optional Dunlop wire wheels were painted from the factory? Furthermore can anyone tell me the exact dull gray colour code the optional Dunlop wire wheels were painted from the factory?

regards
Kenneth

Kenneth they were a stove enamle grey.. not sure of the eact colour code.. but there used to be an article in the tech seciton off the front page discussing the alpine wheels, wires and steels.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dunlop still makes these wheels. They are the same as an MG Midget. In the USA they are available from Moss Motors. The original color has a slight gold tint in the typical silver as it appears on Jan Servait?? original wheel color disk.

agmason54

Donation Time
Here is a wire wheel with original paint.Maybe you could print this and take it somewhere to match it.....
Agm

Attachments

• 102_5001 (Large).jpg
    102_5001 (Large).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 69

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
This is probably as close as you'll get in a rattle-can:

Moss Motors:

Part #220-560 -- Spray Paint; Silver-Gray Disc & Wire Wheel Paint -- $19.95

BAC-276.jpg

Follow it up with some Krylon clear coat to give a nice finish.

The other product that was reasonably close was Eastwood's "Detail Silver Wheel Paint" which is now discontinued.

kha1967

Donation Time
Hi again

It's been quite a while since I've looked on this thread. First of all thanks for all the respond! The "Jan Servait?? original wheel color disk" what is this exactly? Is it Dunlop related? And lastly is it possible for me to have a copy of this original wheel color disk?

Kind regards
Kenneth