• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wire wheel knock offs ??

kiwichris

Donation Time
Got to get the wheels off my new project. Do they have left hand threads and do you just beat them with a mallet???

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
The left handed ones go on the right side of the car, the right ones on the left. If you look on the inside
of the knock off ( where the threads are) and clean the grease off the center there's an R & L there to
tell them apart. I used a small 4lb hand sledge to take them off & vice versa. If you're careful you won't damage them.
Also tighten them with no weight on the wheel ( jacked up)

Cheers!
Steve

kiwichris

Donation Time
The left handed ones go on the right side of the car, the right ones on the left. If you look on the inside
of the knock off ( where the threads are) and clean the grease off the center there's an R & L there to
tell them apart. I used a small 4lb hand sledge to take them off & vice versa. If you're careful you won't damage them.

Cheers!
Steve

Cheers!
Steve

Thanks for the info.

mikephillips

Donation Time
The easiest way to remember is that each side loosens as if rolling forward and tightens as if rolling backward. So spin the right hand side, when you're facing forward, clockwise to remove, and the left hand side counterclockwise. And reverse to tighten.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Some people tighten the centre lock spinners too much, it really isn't necessary to go too nuts when tightening them. We use this tool now and it is fantastic.
Tim R

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
The easiest way to remember is that each side loosens as if rolling forward and tightens as if rolling backward. So spin the right hand side, when you're facing forward, clockwise to remove, and the left hand side counterclockwise. And reverse to tighten.

I think of it differently. I think that the spinner tightens when the wheel rolls forward. That is, as the wheel rolls forward, the spinner tends to stays in place, and tightens. So I image that motion, to know which way is tight, and which way is loose.

Same concept, just from a different perspective.