• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

wiper motor wiring

O

odl21

my wiper motor is disconnected and i'm struggling to get it connected again... it has 3 wires coming out of it which are unmarked, so the question is, how do i find which wire is which and how is it wired to the switch and live wire?

there is one wire that if i connect to live the motor operates and the others don't appear to do anything.

mikephillips

Donation Time
The wire colors do tend to fade after years in the light so you may need to remove the back of the cover to check the short lengths in the case.

Wombat

Donation Time
The switch is connected on the earth side of the wiper motor (or at least is is on my SIV with the two speed wipers). There is a power wire that is green without any stripes. The other two have identifying stripes, but I am not near my manuals at present.