• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

windshield glass

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Anybody have experience or stories about windshield glass from Vic Brit ?
They got it on sale @$140

Thanks for the input, Tom J

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Don't have any first hand experience.
Have heard it's thinner, and delaminates after a couple years.
Could have been an earlier batch though.
But unless you hear otherwise, you get what you pay for.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Hard to Find!

:eek:
At that low price maybe buy two and even if the one installed on the car delaminates in 5 years drag out the back up from under the bed that was stored inside not exposed to rain, heat or cold and replace the first one. this could be handy also if by some misfortune you break or crack the windscreen while driving the Alpine. What I do know for a fact the windscreen is very hard to find and replace, when I was restoring my car in 2003 it was a critical issue. Vic Brit was out of them and the only place selling them was Classic Sunbeam out of NY, 500 bucks plus shipping to OK. I found mine here in OK from a Tiger enthusiasts and he sold me the windscreen original from UK plus a whole list of miscellaneous parts for that 500, it does pay to network for Sunbeam parts. Put it this way the local automotive glass windshield replacement company will never have one in stock!
Ok I almost convinced myself to buy a new windscreen for my car :p

Donna
;)

Pumpkin

Donation Time
windshield

I have one ,,but it is 9 years old now, I paid 200 from VB, had it installed by others and no problems to date..
:rolleyes:

try it you may like it..
chuck:)

skywords

Donation Time
I have one in a box from VB. I have never opened the box been afraid to look. I changed the glass in my driver with old oringinal glass I had on the shelf I am saving the new for my restoration. I am figuring if it has delaminated in the box by the time I use it then it was no good anyway and will save me the agony of replacing it.

Rick

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
So, are the one's that S S sells that much different? How many companies could be making these? :confused:

Tom J

skywords

Donation Time
So, are the one's that S S sells that much different? How many companies could be making these? :confused:

Tom J

I tried to buy mine from Rick at SS but he was out for months and did not know when he was getting anymore early series glass in stock. He says the glass he gets is English made. Don't really know if it makes much difference in quality but I thought I would give him the sale.

Rick