• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

windshield frame versions

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
Well I've learned another Alpine lesson. My SV didnt come with a windshield frame assy. I have looked at 3 this week and all three have seven mounting studs (two close together on the ends). My car only has five mounting holes. was there a design change for series V?

Thanks,

mikephillips

Donation Time
There was a crossover period at the end of series IV and early series V production when they used one stud on each end rather than the 2 they started with and ended with. God only knows why other than perhaps as an attempt to cost cut. Other than that the frames are the same from Series III to the end. You can use either one, just cut a stud off the frame ends to fit.