1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Window Winder Handle

Discussion in '"Stock" Alpine' started by 64beam, Feb 15, 2007.

1. 64beam

64beam Donation Time

Hi Forum,

I recently purchased a single window winder handle off Ebay and on closer inspection found that the knobs on the winder handle were different. What I found was that I had the two different sizes on my Alpine and the one that I bought gave me a matching pair. My question is which ones are correct for the Alpine Series IV :confused: . I have the two photo's attached.

2. Green67Alpine

Green67Alpine Former SAOCA Membership Director Gold Level Sponsor

My Series V has the long knob (on left). B395012603 built 11/21-11/25 1966.
    They both match.:D Don't know if that helps, but here it is anyway.

Tom J

Ever Challanging Series V

3. 64beam

64beam Donation Time

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I thought it may have been the later Alpines/Tigers that had these longer winder knobs.

Regards, Robin.

4. howard

howard Donation Time

My SIV has the one on the right.

5. ozzie alpine

ozzie alpine Bronze Level Sponsor

Once-upon-a-time someone replaced the ones on my SII with some odd looking ones with holes in them. I don't suppose anyone has some spare SII ones or even any Alpine type for that matter?

6. 64beam

64beam Donation Time

Hi Dave,

On Ebay at the moment there is a set of window winders and inner door handles. Have a look under 'Sunbeam Alpine' and you will see them there. No one has bid on them yet.

Regards, Robin.

7. ozzie alpine

ozzie alpine Bronze Level Sponsor

Thanks Robin, that was timely.
    I got them.