• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Window Channels

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I spent quite a abit of time today removing the window channels from inside the doors. That is a chore. The fronts were easy the screws came right out. The rears were tough, the little screws were rusted pretty solid.

While I was working I got thinking about power windows. Anyone tried this in Alpine. Looks pretty easy. Yeah right. Anyway, has anyone done this?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Rob,

One of the UK magazines Autocar rana tiger MKII back in the day, apart from having 14" 5 stud wheels and all wheel dics, they ran cruise control and yes.. power windows

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I spent quite a abit of time today removing the window channels from inside the doors. That is a chore. The fronts were easy the screws came right out. The rears were tough, the little screws were rusted pretty solid.

While I was working I got thinking about power windows. Anyone tried this in Alpine. Looks pretty easy. Yeah right. Anyway, has anyone done this?
I would check with Tiger Tom Erhardt.I do know he has done it.There is nothing stock or a kit that will work without modifying it There are some good kits out there.

skywords

Donation Time
Do you have the oringinal electrical system? It is a little on the whimpy side to be adding things like that. I am completly rewiring my Series I with the Quad 4 engine with Tefzel aircraft wire with Klaxon panel mounted circuit breakers for every circuit. No more fumbling for a fuse. I may even go with the circuit breaker switches. I have some old window regulators from my Jag and Mercedes days and have had the same thought. Let us know how you do it.

Rick

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I will be using a Painless Performance 18 circuit wiring harness. Great quality and easy to work with.

Chuck thanks for the lead on Tiger Tom.