• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wilwood attachment

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
Hi Guys
Wondering how anybody who used a Wilwood attachd it to Jose's bracket. Thanks. Tom

...Hi Tom, Are you refering to the wilwood CLUTCH SLAVE cyl.?
Looking at my/Jose's bracket and the Wilwood slave on one of my VW buggies I see that they dont match up.
When I got my kit ( a year and half ago ) I was aware of that but I'm not ready to tackle the issue yet ( not moving along as fast as you! )
Different slave or different bracket I guess.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
If I'm understanding your question, I used a threaded female Heim joint on the bracket side bolted to the bracket, and a clevis on the clutch lever side.

gordonra

Donation Time
I'm using a Wilwood slave on my V6. I works out just fine, but if I recall it required that I made a custom clevis.

Rich

Stormb10

Donation Time
Wilwood

Thanks guys, so your saying the Heim bolts to the bracket and I need a clevis for the bell crank arm. I think I was trying to mount it upside down. Thanks again. Tom

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
That's what I did. I had a clevis made too. Couldn't find one off the shelf strong enough for me to be comfortable with. A friend with a machine shop overengineered one for me.