• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wilmington, NC British Show

dmich2

Donation Time
Bull. Sent you a PM before I read your post. I'm in for golf and will make arrangements(tee times) for anyone who wants to get in. Friday afternoon, around 1 PM. That should be a good time.

Dennis

dmich2

Donation Time
Folks. Just received this from the show chairperson regarding the extension of hotel rates for the event. Only 4 Sunbeams. We sure would like at least a couple more. Hope to see you.

Dennis, Good morning. I just heard from our host hotel. The cutoff for reservations at the reduced rate was August 12th but they have agreed to extend the BMCCF rate until next Wednesday, August 21st. Would you please get this info to your Sunbeam compadres in case anyone wants to take advantage?

Info on the hotel is on the registration form at http://www.bmccf.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/BCCCF_Car_Show_Brochure_2013_V2.pdf which is a page on the website: www.bmccf.org.

To date we have 4 Sunbeams registered.

Thanks much Pam

dmich2

Donation Time
Thanks guys and gals for a great showing yesterday at the Brits at the Beach Show here in Wilmington. I can't thank you enough for stepping up to the plate and making the trek. 8 Sunbeams, 5 Alpines, all SAOCA members, George and Beverly Coleman, Stephen Smith, Doug and Trish Miller, Steve Kirk, and myself, and 3 Tigers. A Tiger won best in class and it was discovered it was one that Doug ( Bulldurham) sold 23 years ago. The NO did a wonderful job of it including a 400HP engine. I got 2nd and George and Beverly 3rd. ( Loved the salt and pepper pistachios BTW. gotta get some )

What started out as lumping Sunbeams in the "British-Sedans/Sports-Not Covered" due to the historically low Sunbeam turnout, became one of the larger classes represented. We heard a lot of positive comments from BMCCF members and the crowd how glad they were to see Sunbeams in attendance. I, along with others will probably post a few photos.

Way to go folks. This show is really pretty nice. Over 100 cars. Hope more of you can come next year and bring a few more friends ( along with a picnic basket and port-a-potty :eek:)

Dennis

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
As always a good show, great day for the show and drive home like last weekend
I hope more Sunbeam make it next year I had a wonderful time at both show and with my Sunbeam friends.
Its been a wonderful 9 days for me, doing Norcross GA last weekend and Wilmington this week I had a Great time at both.
Special thanks to Tom and Susan in GA. and Dennis and Betty in Wilmington for inviting me into there homes.
and thank the members of BMCCF for there gathering the night before.
I look forward to next year
Stephen

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Hey everyone we got home today no problems even though I will have to pull the trans agian. Made it to Burlington from Wilmington in 2 1/2 hr not bad.:eek:

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks to Dennis for talking up this event and getting the Sunbeams to appear! Here are a few photos. Why have just one 4 barrel carb when two fit??
Jon's Tiger was the result of 20 years of work and planning.

Attachments

• DSC05957.jpg
    DSC05957.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC05952.jpg
    DSC05952.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 14

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Trish and I got back to Durham about 6:30 Sat. evening w/o any issues. One hundred thirty miles of I-40 cruising was great and no oil on the underside this time.
It was good to see everyone at the show, which was great and many thanks to the organizers for their hard work and time. Some really nice cars that I had not seen before including that gorgeous Chevy truck RatRod.
The big thrill for me though was " finding" my old Tiger, which I sold about 30 years ago. When Jon pulled up to park the Tiger something told me that was it. I asked a few questions and he confirmed it was the same. Talk about a beautiful restoration, you have to see it to appreciate the detail and the engine work is outstanding. You know he is proud of that car. And I am happy it is still on the road, better than ever.
If the show is there again next year we should request the same spot as the shade was real nice. Maybe they will put a porta-potty down wind in the woods
behind us.
Congrats to the winners in the Sunbeam category. Jon, Dennis and George.
George, let me know if you want me to hold your beer when you replace the
throwout bearing.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
:cool:Doug as soon as I put my finger on the problem I will give you a call, made it home Sunday no problems, 2hr 22min. non stop.:confused: