• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Why would you? Speechless.

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
He wanted a "hot rod" and a one-of-a-kind. And ya gotta admit he achieved that!

I don't think we'd consider him a "darksider". More like a "Far out sider"

Tom

alpine_64

Donation Time
the body mods on the fenders and the front grill look like he tried to make a 7 litre cobra replica out of a sunbeam.. i have seen that done to a tiger many years back... not my taste... each to their own? :rolleyes:

socorob

Donation Time
I had to go back and re look at it. I didn't even notice any of the interior on the first look since I couldn't get passed the flares/scoop/etc. The alpine doesn't have the right shape for any of that stuff in my opinion. What a crazy roll cage? I wonder if someone will buy it?

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Maybe a Batman washout

Truly terrible and not even a good Hot Wheels parody. Gives a new meaning to the motorcyclist slang for cage drivers. Can someone add a smile with vomit spewing.

: ()oooooooX]

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
The wonder dog with the cigar on late night TV would think this is a very nice car...:D

JonPiz

Donation Time
re why would you

my favourite picture is the last one in grey before he had the mental breakdown

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Wow! A turbo charged V8. I'm all about stock and sometimes I don't care for modifications, and sometimes I think some modifications are good. I'm going to definitely break from the pack here - I think it's kind of cool, and I toast to all the work this guy did to it. A labor of love, no doubt. Perhaps the best thing is that the project was actually completed and all parts of the car were attended to. How many shoehorn V8 Alpines have we seen that are unfinished chop jobs. Ok, someone might say this is a finished chop job. But, I'm giving this guy a lot of credit.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
The only thing that makes this work at all is that it's an early Series car. With no fins and a later, upright windshield and quarter-window, it would look like a brick.

Also, is it actually finished and running? If so, where did the driver's side exhaust go? It looks like it has the same, tin-snip exhaust cut-outs as on the opposite front flair, but no pipe.