• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Whos is watching?

A

alpine in calgary

Okay fess up you guys ;)

WHO IS WATCHING THIS AUCTION ON EBAY ? 170238587622

A

alpine in calgary

Yours? Why are you selling it? Drive it to the Invasion!

I am selling...well trying to sell my sweet S2 as I just no longer drive it and have no desire for it....in regards to going to the invasion I just do not have the ability to take that much time off work to drive from Calgary Alberta to the invasion :eek:

K well that is one that has confessed of the 10 that viewed the thread...lets go now....if you are watching then say so....I want to know how many serious bidders I have for the lil red shark :rolleyes:

A

alpine in calgary

WOW.......83 views of this thread.....and 64 watchers of my auction and yet only 1 response.....lets go people....fess up and tell me you are watching please....I just want to know how many watchers VS how many interested bidders :eek:

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
OK, I'm watching. I'm mostly watching because your Alpine is close to mine (geographically) and I'm curious. While yours is a pretty car, I have 2 Alpines and a Minx convert and no real desire for a divorce.

Good Luck

A

alpine in calgary

Well a divorce is not a bad thing at all......thanks to a divorce I shed 97 pounds of untrusting abusive woman....hey it is a hell of a lot better than the atkins diet :rolleyes:

A

alpine in calgary

Did it sell? Can you give us details?

Thanks

You want details but you did not have the decency to say if you were watching :eek:.....personally I dont see the big deal of stating if you were watching the auction.....all 258 of you :p

A deal is being worked out right now and when it is complete I will start a thread with the details.......and to be honest the buyer got a good deal for such a fine car....and as I have said before it was for sale as I just dont drive the car anymore.....my miata is far more fun and way more reliable...though it does not turn heads the way the alpine does....but who cares about turning head when you can take 90 degree corners at 60 KM's and barely feel the ass of the car slip an inch :cool:

RootesRooter

Donation Time
If it was set up right, you could have taken that 90 degree corner in your (former) Alpine and REALLY turned heads!

You want details but you did not have the decency to say if you were watching :eek:.....personally I dont see the big deal of stating if you were watching the auction.....all 258 of you :p

A deal is being worked out right now and when it is complete I will start a thread with the details.......and to be honest the buyer got a good deal for such a fine car....and as I have said before it was for sale as I just dont drive the car anymore.....my miata is far more fun and way more reliable...though it does not turn heads the way the alpine does....but who cares about turning head when you can take 90 degree corners at 60 KM's and barely feel the ass of the car slip an inch :cool:

A

alpine in calgary

If it was set up right, you could have taken that 90 degree corner in your (former) Alpine and REALLY turned heads!

No alpine with stock suspension would match corners with my miata,it is dropped 3 inches and sports low profile 245/45/16's....it has koni's on all 4 corners with a shock tower brace front and back and a roll bar in the mis section.......I sold the alpine as I love driving and am a professional driver that clocks 60,000 + miles a year and the alpine just did not hold any joy for me.If I could have transplanted the alpine shell onto the miata frame and kept the suspension as well as the engine/gearbox i would have done it in a heartbeat because the lines of the alpine and the raked front end look incredible.....but it just did not have the performance that I wanted.

SDuncan

Donation Time
You have been better off keeping the Alpine, selling the Miata and using the money from that to buy a Formula 2000 car to race on the grid at Race City. After experiencing the thrills of open-wheel racing, driving a Miata to get groceries doesn't give you the same rush. Then you'd at least have the Alpine to turn heads, as you put it.

A

alpine in calgary

You have been better off keeping the Alpine, selling the Miata and using the money from that to buy a Formula 2000 car to race on the grid at Race City. After experiencing the thrills of open-wheel racing, driving a Miata to get groceries doesn't give you the same rush. Then you'd at least have the Alpine to turn heads, as you put it.

The local miata club rents track time at race city,not for much longer though as the city of calgary is not going to renew the tracks lease....so race city is soon going the way of the dodo :eek: