• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Who's Best for Vintage Car Insurance?

cdk84

Donation Time
Hello All,

Time to look into putting a car on the road. It's one I will only drive in favorable weather, which in New England means PRSS (post road salt season).
Anyone have a suggestion for an insurer? I've contacted Haggerty, and their rate is $317 per year. The price is far less important than the quality of service and reliability, were I ever to have to file a claim. That's not to say that price is no object. Quality of service first, then price second. I will have the car on the road for about 8 months, and will drive less than 3000 miles a year.
Thanks for any suggestions or experiences you are able to share.

with Best Wishes,
David

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I use Zurich Insurance and have always been pleased with their service and rates.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have a friend who has his car (early Buick Riviera) insured with Haggerty. It suffered a mighty double blow while parked in an eatery parking lot. He was very pleased with the repair and the way Haggerty handled the claim.

Bill

65beam

Donation Time
insurance

dave,
we use hagerty for our sunbeams. here in ohio our agent is also a sunbeam owner. i'm sure you know him. i talked to him this afternoon about insuring the harrington that we bought last week. they will insure the car while it is in the restoration mode. you could insure your race car with them also as well as your harrington.