• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Who bought this car?

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
It looks like Michael and I are the only ones playing. A couple of other things I noticed about the car: 1) the spare tire well looks unusual. Is it just the photo or is it different from normal? 2) The wheel spinners look remarkably good to me. The chrome is probably trashed, but I think they would be great candidates for re-chroming. Still, I assume neither of those are the right answer, so the only other unusual thing I can see is the non-stock switch panel on the right side of the dashboard. It looks pretty ordinary to me, but could it be from something important/valuable?

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
What a gold mine of parts:

Wheel
Horn ring
Tach
Cubby surround
Vent stick
Rear view mirror
Ballast resistor
A PERFECT grill
PERFECT eye brow
Front Turn signal units REALLY nice
Tail light housings
Doors, if not rusted

Along with everything else you have all pointed out. Yes, definitely worth $800.

Paul

Last edited:

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
You are right, Paul. Assuming that all the bits you mention are decent a lotta money could be made from this car but you didn't mention the primary item of my interest.

Hint: A suggestion was getting close to my treasure.

Rgds, Mark ..... volvoguys

65beam

Donation Time
car

mark,
while at SUNI i had a MK 2 owner ask me for a bonnet release. this one looks good.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Nope.

The hand crank or lower grill finisher, tho two nice parts, aren't the object of my interest.

Hint: an earlier guesser was pretty close.

Mark ..... v

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Nope .... not the visor brackets, either.

A peak back thru this original thread and I see that Eric actually spotted my interest a few weeks ago before it became a 'game'. Michael was close a week ago but said he couldn't imagine it was the radio. Car had an original 525T Motorola radio as fitted to the LAT-72 console.

Any other of these banging around out there? I'm always interested in any/all radio and console parts.

thx, Mark ..... v

JonPiz

Donation Time
re elusive bit wanted

A peak back thru this original thread and I see that Eric actually spotted my interest a few weeks ago before it became a 'game'. Michael was close a week ago but said he couldn't imagine it was the radio. Car had an original 525T Motorola radio as fitted to the LAT-72 console.

Any other of these banging around out there? I'm always interested in any/all radio and console parts.

thx, Mark ..... v

Is it the Sunbeam valve cover with the engraved "S"

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor

thx, Mark ..... v

So, were you about to buy the radio from the new owner?