• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Which tonneau is this?

MSiege

Silver Level Sponsor
Had this left over and never installed because the posts weren't on my car. Anyone know which Series this is? I'm thinking S3 but not really sure.

Attachments

• IMG_6391.JPG
    IMG_6391.JPG
    269 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6394.JPG
    IMG_6394.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6395.JPG
    IMG_6395.JPG
    275.4 KB · Views: 63

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
That is a S3-S5 factory tonneau cover-nice original and hard to find!

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I was the fortunate one who bought this tonneau. First, let me say thanks to MSiege. The packaging was so professional!

Amazingly, the fasteners fit right on my Alpine - except for the two front middle ones. On my car, those two posts are close together. I've never actually seen a tonneau that had the wider center fasteners, with the odd (at least odd to me) strap that goes from the right to the left. Anyone have any thoughts about what the concept was for that?

I also don't understand the extra fabric edge. Same question about that.

upload_2021-9-18_12-0-9.png

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hello Jay, I was comparing your images to my original, but poor condition tonneau. It has a rubber piece in place of your fabric flap. I believe it's intended to be a rain gutter. If your car is wearing it's tonneau and it begins to rain, supposedly that piece channels the water away from the car's interior.

Attachments

• TonneauSnippit.JPG
    TonneauSnippit.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 12

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yep, that’s a factory tonneau with rain guttering and the flap-over tab that covers the zipper’s end. I’ve had a LOT of British cars and the Sunbeam’s tonneau is by far the best of all.

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Ohhh. I just spoke with Rick. This is a S3 and early SIV tonneau. The front two snaps went on the inside screws that hold the heater vent down. I have seen that, now that I think about it.

FWIW, Rick has a bunch of white ones like this, but they shrunk. He said that they might be able to be stretched to refit. In case anyone is interested.