• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

where is the date on the coil?

fireboltgirl

Donation Time
I have several old coils and want to sand off the surface oxidation and look for the dates. Where all coils date stamped in the same location?

Thanks!
Kim
series III
Tiger 2

65beam

Donation Time
coil date

john,
not all lucas coils have the date code. i have at least a dozen on the shelf that do not have the date stamped on them.

John Boggis

Donation Time
john,
not all lucas coils have the date code. i have at least a dozen on the shelf that do not have the date stamped on them.

Bob, you are correct, not all Lucas coils are date stamped. But as Kim posted this in the factory original section I assumed she was asking about factory Alpines. All new Alpines from series 1-V came with a date stamped coil.

fireboltgirl

Donation Time
did all coils have a natural aluminum finish?

Did all the coils used on Alpines have the natural aluminum finish?

Thanks!
Kim

65beam

Donation Time
coils

john,
series 4 back was rootes,series 5 was chrysler. many things changed under chrysler ownership.

John Boggis

Donation Time
john,
series 4 back was rootes,series 5 was chrysler. many things changed under chrysler ownership.

Bob, It is common knowledge over here that all the coils were date stamped.
Original coils off old Alpines are still quite easy to get hold of and a series V one would be easy to pick up.
I'll call down tomorrow and see what they have.

65beam

Donation Time
coil

john,
my wife's car was built sometime during the week starting october 18, 1965. i have a coil dated 09/65. that's close enough if we wanted to use it. everything of that nature on her car is new since we choose not to use old parts when we build a car. everything either is rebuilt or replaced with new.