• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Where is everybody?

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Alright guys, this is the epicenter of the SAOCA and nothing is happening in this chapter! It's embarrassing. Let's start off with a list of people in our area:

Scott Christie
Ian Spencer
Mike Phillips
Jan Servaites
Ken Ellis
Brad Babb
Bill Blue
John Engle
Andy McGraw

I know I'm forgetting people but I'm getting old - who are we missing?

Hey Ian, when's our first get together?

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
No, I'm just the grand poobah on the national level. Ian said he wanted to be little prez for our chapter.

You may now kiss the ring....:p

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Chapter Information

Hi,

Is there a list showing each Chapter and area that they represent?
It would be cool to have a map showing the area for each Chapter as it may show areas that are not being serviced. Who knows it may push some outgoing members to get organized.

Andrew

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi,

Is there a list showing each Chapter and area that they represent?
It would be cool to have a map showing the area for each Chapter as it may show areas that are not being serviced. Who knows it may push some outgoing members to get organized.

Andrew

You're basically looking at on the forum - we only have three official regional chapters, and I listed the states they cover on their forums. The rest of the country is wide open at the moment. We have:

Southern Ohio - Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky
Pacific Coast - California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona
Upper Midwest - Minnesota, Wisconsin, North & South Dakota, Iowa

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Northeast Chapter?

If anyone in the Northeast (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut...etc) is interested in putting a local chapter together, I'm game! I was going to put something together last fall, but had engine problems. Hopefully when I get the car out back together I won't have any issues.

I live in Dutchess County, NY which has some really great roads, and is about 45 minutes away from Lime Rock Park. So anyone interested, just PM me.

Cheers!
Steve

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Dallas Texas

:D
I thought Steve had a Dallas Chapter of the SAOCA or did you just forget about us Southern folks?

Donna
:D

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Steve wrote:
"I was going to put something together last fall, but had engine problems. Hopefully when I get the car out back together I won't have any issues."

Although I don't officially speak for the club, I'm sure it's not a requirement to have a running Alpine to rev up a chapter. In fact, if you were sneaky, you could set up to 'host' a lot of chapter meetings and hope people bring parts and tools to get your car running again! And although it's the "Alpine Owner's Club", I'm sure you'd be a welcome guest if you're only to the point of seriously looking to buy one. What better way to become an educated buyer?

Ken in Columbus, (whose Alpine is currently parked in by the snowblower.)

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Well, hopefully the car will be back together and running in a couple of weeks.
Out of my whole area, I know of only 1 other Alpine and he's in New Jersey and willing to do whatever to enjoy his Alpine. But two doesn't make much of a club chapter so, doesn't anyone else in the general area have an Alpine? I'm the only Alpine in my Multi Marque club and could really use the company!:D

Cheers!
Steve Shuttleton

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I've been the Atlanta Chapter president forever. Lately there have been alot of posts on the forum from Alpine owners in Georgia, I've met some of you but not all. We have done some club activities in the past, i.e. get togethers, cruises, and etc. Nothing lately, I guess that's my fault. That being said, in May we will be getting a caravan together to go to Barry College All British Car Show. Let's show some interest by posting here to the forum and we'll get the act together and plan something. Maybe we can put on another Invasion here in Georgia, if I can get enough interest with help in planning and other logistics. "COME ON GEORGIA-LET'S HEAR IT" I'm game.
Cheers,
Alpine Bob :D

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Bob!
I would be more than willing to help with the next Georgia Invasion. The last one was lots of fun and the roads we were driving on were fantastic!
Eric

65beam

Donation Time
barry college show

thanks bob,
i thought about going ,but that's the weekend of the carlisle import and also the bash ,which is being held at the carlisle grounds .i have not missed the carlisle event for many years. i always find some good sunbeam parts over the course of the weekend .my wife just reminded me that the last time we attended a show in georgia ,i blew the motor in her alpine .durn the luck. get them to change the time next year .
bob

Bratfink

Donation Time
Alright guys, this is the epicenter of the SAOCA and nothing is happening in this chapter! It's embarrassing. Let's start off with a list of people in our area:

Scott Christie
Ian Spencer
Mike Phillips
Jan Servaites
Ken Ellis
Brad Babb
Bill Blue
John Engle
Andy McGraw

I know I'm forgetting people but I'm getting old - who are we missing?

I am in Indy, any other guys round here?

I drove past a TR6 the other day whilst in my Singer but the driver didn't acknowledge me (he must have realised the inferiority of his BMC device compared to the wonder that is the 'Super Series' - not to mention it being a cheapo LHD compared to my RHD the way god intended cars to be driven;))

Apart from a couple of MG's that is all I have seen round here for old UK cars.