• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Where do you buy o-rings

s2willdo

Donation Time
I want to replace the main jet o-rings on my Zenith carbs. One is starting to leak. The auto parts guy has the "help" stuff that has o-rings, but I didn't think the right size was in the packet and it was an assortment of them for $10. I also, don't want to buy a complete rebuild kit.

Any cheap ideas? They have to be red o-rings because those don't get eaten up by the gas.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Pep-Boys, near me but now closed, had a good selection.
The black O-rings should be just fine in gas. I think I bought some for some Zeniths I was rebuilding.
Jan

alpine_64

Donation Time
Any cheap ideas? They have to be red o-rings because those don't get eaten up by the gas.

Cheap ideas often lead to expensive outcomes.. the rebuild kits arent to expensive and you get all new gaskets too, for now or later.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
No, I think the rebuild kits are a huge rip-off (the ones that I have seen). About the only things useable are the gaskets. Just buy some O-rings at the store. They should cost about $1.00
Jan

socorob

Donation Time
Home depot or any home improvement place usually has a big selection in plumbing but not sure if those would hold up to gas. I believe they are black rubber.

Siefert

Platinum Level Sponsor
buy o-rings

Victoria British has gaskets and other parts for Zenith carbs that can be purschesed separatly they have O-rings.can be ordered on line

www.VictoriaBritish.com

hope this helps I just rebuilt to zeniths for my series 2