• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

When it rains.....

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I have not had to do major maintenance on Ol' Blue for many years. When I installed the Ford V6 with the Toyota 5speed it allowed me to travel many thousands of trouble free miles..Ohio twice, Wisconsin twice, several 500 mile trips in MN and SD...life was good. Now, in a matter of two weeks I have had to some fixing. First the heater core blew and dropped a bunch of coolant inside the car. I took care of that by removing all the hoses and plugging the outlet. No heater..but, hey....I do not drive it in cold weather anyway. Yesterday was incident number two. The clutch master cylinder failed. The manufacturer of the unit, CNC, is no longer in business. I ordered a new Willwood unit from Speedway. It should be here tomorrow. And, finally, I had to replace a faulty alternator on my Tiger. Ain't Sunbeamin' fun.....no, seriously..it is enjoyable, especially for those of us who who like to do our own repairs. Pete

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
My friend Perry S and I worked together more than twenty years running Cat Dozers, Dumps and backhoes. Don't have to tell anyone there was a lot on maintenance required.

One day in the shop Perry's young Nephew about 10 years old asked him "Uncle Perry is working on your DOzer the way you make a living"?

Now that was a very interesting question!! I seem to make my living working on Alpines:)

So Paul, I'm proud you are able to work on yours too! Keep'em-on-the-Road really means something....