• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

When a Brit meets a Pole

SierraNev

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hello again,

Been without a Sunbeam in my life for over 25 years.

Last weekend, got this 1966 Series 5 as an early birthday present.

Seems very complete and mostly stock.

And the lovely addition of a dent where the previous owner did not put on the parking break and it rolled.

Any suggestions on getting it "buffed out".

Thanks

Aseries2@aol.com --- Soon to be renamed

Attachments

• IMG_20210626_162352418.jpg
    IMG_20210626_162352418.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 74

loose_electron

Donation Time
Dent pulling really has not changed much in the last 30 years
(somebody will prove me wrong I am sure!)
Take it to a body shop, preferably one with old school people (fix not replace)
and get an estimate.

Good luck with the new car! Looks like it is in really nice condition!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
You might have to remove the door to really get the dent fixed. Hope not. But if it needs removal, suggest you or your body man drill a couple 1/8" pilot holes in the door hinges to the "A" Post and the door itself so you will be able to easily re-align when reinstalling the door after fixing.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have a door looking like that and I think it might be caused by frozen-up door hinges, and then someone forced the door open! It will have to come off and then pull on the leading door edge. Anyway that is the idea I had to straighten the one I have here, but haven't gotten there yet.
Jan

SierraNev

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the advise. I have not owned one of these cars in years, and I have a lot to relearn.

I am in Whittier, CA. Any other Sunbeam owners in town?

ASeries2@aol.com

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I am in Bakersfield, and plan on going to the Queen's English Car Show 8/1/21 this was taken two years ago.
http://www.queens-english.org/closed.php
RIMG0911-XL.jpg