• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

"Wheeler Dealers" TV show

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Last week they had an Alpine on a car lift and had a brief video clip of the front. Did anyone see that show last week?
I know they have an Alpine and want to build a replica of the Bond Alpine in Dr No. They contacted me about the color info and wanted a color sample of "Lake Blue".
I checked their website, no mention of it yet.
Jan

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Jan: I am confused. I love Wheeler Dealers and have my DVR set to record all new episodes, but haven't recorded anything in months. I checked their website and it looks like the new season has started in the UK, but I don't think it is available here yet. Did you watch it online, am I missing something, or was "last week's" episode a re-run?

Hodee

Donation Time
I saw a short clip for the coming season and did see the Alpine on the lift. I about crapped my pants!! Can't wait for it to air.

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
I just ran into Mike Brewer at Encinitas Classic Car Nights, an excellent classic car event held on the third Thursday each month in the coastal town of Encinitas, CA. He looked like he had slimmed down a bit from what I've seen of him on the show. I blurted out "scouting?", he laughed and said "always!", I have no doubt he wasn't kidding.

I've seen him at other events in So. Cal. Didn't I see in one of their commercials that they had moved their operation to CA or perhaps took up a second location there?

PS: I've been going to that Encinitas event for years, amongst the hundreds of cars I've seen there, rarely is there a Sunbeam (last week an unrestored original looking orange Alpine was there, belong to anybody on these forums?). Since it's close enough for my car to easily get towed home if needed ;), it will probably be the first event I take my Alpine to and regularly after that.

Last edited:

john.hemsath

Diamond Level Sponsor
Wheeler Dealers

From this link Wikipedia lists all the episodes and the cars worked on. No mention of Sunbeam, Alpine, or Tiger per a Ctl-F search.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wheeler_Dealers_episodes

I watched a Tiger "Overhauled" recently however. The older gent had owned it forever it seems but never got around to redoing it himself.

Dan Walters provided his expertise, based on owning 5 tigers himself...can anyone say "tiger hoarder"

Cheers,

JH

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Wheeler Dealer TV

I am a regular fan of that show and have my DVR set to record all new shows. I have seen a number of them on TV that my DVR did not pick up and found that these are re-runs of old shows, a lot of which I had never seen. The new season is set to start on June 27th according to spots I've seen on the "car" channels. I too have seen Mike Brewer at several car shows in the Phoenix area, sometimes Ed China has been with him....January this year at Barrett-Jackson and local Saturday night car show at McDonald's in Scottsdale.

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Just saw a commercial on Velocity for their upcoming new season. Not positive but it looks like a blue Alpine up on the lift behind them.

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Wheeler Dealers

You saw correctly...from the parking light/turn signal it's an early series probably a 1 or 2. Hoping it's on the first new show.

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
You saw correctly...from the parking light/turn signal it's an early series probably a 1 or 2. Hoping it's on the first new show.

Nice.

Just did a search on my cable tv network for upcoming Wheeler Dealer shows. Allotta new episodes but no Alpine?

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Car is definitely a series 3GT and appears to be the one off eBay from earlier this year by the shots pre resto where it's still black and has hardtop rear window missing

Ron67Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
wheeler dealer Alpine

I've seen the commercial too, been wondering when the episode will be on in the US. Any more word?

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
They've broken up the last several seasons into two parts of about eight episodes each. We're done with the first eight and are awaiting the show's triumphant return for the second eight. They usually air in the UK first, and they haven't even done that yet.