• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wheel nut torque specs

alpine_64

Donation Time
Browsing the owners manual and workshop manuals I can't find the torque spec on the wheels ( not wires)

Does anyone have the spec???

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Browsing the owners manual and workshop manuals I can't find the torque spec on the wheels ( not wires)

Does anyone have the spec???

The only thing I found is WSM 124, 5th re-issue, Gen Data, Torque Loading Figures, pg. 28, Front suspension, road wheel nut - 48 lbs. ft.

Not even near the figure most tire shops use with their air tools. :eek:

HTH

alpine_64

Donation Time
The only thing I found is WSM 124, 5th re-issue, Gen Data, Torque Loading Figures, pg. 28, Front suspension, road wheel nut - 48 lbs. ft.

Not even near the figure most tire shops use with their air tools. :eek:

HTH
Yeah I had new tyres done a week back and they wanted torque spec.. I said do it by hand till tight, will be fine. Their insurance said must be to mfg... After 45 mins waiting their tech guys came up with .. Oh 4 stud, alloy wheels... 100nm about 80lbft... I said way to much... But they did it anyway..... Wondering if I can go back and make them take wheels off so if a stud breaks they wear it... I doubt given I have recessed wheel nuts I can even get them off

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yeah I had new tyres done a week back and they wanted torque spec.. I said do it by hand till tight, will be fine. Their insurance said must be to mfg... After 45 mins waiting their tech guys came up with .. Oh 4 stud, alloy wheels... 100nm about 80lbft... I said way to much... But they did it anyway..... Wondering if I can go back and make them take wheels off so if a stud breaks they wear it... I doubt given I have recessed wheel nuts I can even get them off
I don't think you should be concerned about breaking the studs. 7/16" - 20 Grade 8 bolts spec out to 78 ft. lbs.

Bill