• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wheel Identification

neveridle

Donation Time
Hello one and all. I am hoping that someone can tell me what these wheels might be off of for they came with a 1968 Alpine that I just purchased and I don't know if they are original to the car? Sorry for the bad pictures. neveridle

Attachments

• 20190917_222124.jpg
    20190917_222124.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20190917_222139.jpg
    20190917_222139.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 38

alpine_64

Donation Time
They are rostyle wheels. Rapier h120s had them.. Mgbs used a steel version but they have a 4x4.5 bolt pattern alpine is 4x4.25

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
They might be from an MG Midget as those were 13". They could also be from a Mercury Capri. I had a friend
that swapped on his Alpine and put the Alpine wheels on the Capri. The Capri looked a bit weird, but the Alpine
looked pretty good!
Cheers!
Steve

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
If Midget wheels the bolt circle is only 4 inches. Did they bolt up to your Alpine?

neveridle

Donation Time
If Midget wheels the bolt circle is only 4 inches. Did they bolt up to your Alpine?
I am not sure, they are off the car with junk tires on them that i received in the deal. I just dont want to throw them away if they can benefit someone else?

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
If they are Capri wheels, be aware that those wheels have a serious problem if used on the rear wheels on an Alpine. The rear drum design has a depression where the mounting surface is located that is lower than the outer edge. The outer edge of the wheel center contacts the drum first leaving a gap under the wheel center. I will try to get pics in the next day or two. Capri wheels work fine on the front or with a spacer on the rear.

Have fun,
Don

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I used the Capri wheels , the rear is a easy fix just use a shim the hard part is finding the correct lugs as the wheel is centered on the lugs!

Last edited:

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
If they are Capri wheels, be aware that those wheels have a serious problem if used on the rear wheels on an Alpine. The rear drum design has a depression where the mounting surface is located that is lower than the outer edge. The outer edge of the wheel center contacts the drum first leaving a gap under the wheel center. I will try to get pics in the next day or two. Capri wheels work fine on the front or with a spacer on the rear.

Have fun,
Don

pics:

004_crop.jpg 004_crop.jpg 004_crop.jpg 004_crop.jpg 004_crop.jpg 007-crop.jpg 008-crop.jpg

Attachments

• 010-crop.jpg
    010-crop.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 14

neveridle

Donation Time
Thanks to everyone for there knowledge and experience. I am looking to part with these wheels for I do not need them for my restoration. If anyone has an offer for them let me know for I could use the funds towards other areas of the build? Thanks again, neveridle