• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What's your name?

AndreaG

Donation Time
What do you call your Sunbeam? Mine is "Mistress Quickly".

Given that I'm only the second owner, it didn't seem right to change her name now. Maybe it's like a boat...bad luck to rename her.

"Mistress Quickly chronically misunderstands or mishears other people, hearing sexually charged conversations where there are none." She's the Shakespearean version of Mr. Furley from Three's Company.

What do you call YOUR Sunbeam?

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Name

I named my current V6 "Bo" short for Flambow which was the name of my Arabian gelding. His grandfather was Bask.

Flambow was the name of one of Bob Steele's horses in the 40's. Steele was a Movie Matinee Cowboy. Flambow was used in a movie called Arizona Gunfighter.

The car I'll be starting soon hasn't been renamed yet but won't be a gelding...

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
It seems I do not usually name cars, but my parts car is Rusty and my wife calls the driver "The Orange Monster", even after she determined that although the paint is called Bright Orange Metallic, it is really a copper color.

Bill

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Cars Names

;)
Yes all our sport fun cars have names, just easier and more fun to say I am driving Vicki today then driving the Alpine, why because it gives them personality. Alpine is named Vicki because most of the parts came from British Victoria and Queen Victoria. Victoria is to long of a name and too British so it is Vicki. Odd coincidence between myself and Queen Victoria we were both widowed at 42 years old.
Now the Daytona Sunset Orange Corvette that they started building on October 31st 2005 Halloween has been given the name "Pumpkin" since someone (daughter) keep saying months earlier, "Why would anyone pay that much money for a pumpkin colored car?"
The Saturn Sky Redline was given my Mom's horse's name that she raised from a colt during her high school years and I grow up with this beautiful animal. Strange how 50 years later someone names a car Sky. The name "Skybaby".
Now the daily drivers are Pickup and Impala they just get used no personality!

Donna
:D

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
My wife has a name for my S5 that I got for $500.00 and immediately started applying the dollars to it to do the V6 conversion. She calls it That D@#n car. :p

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Mine has two names:
1) Babe as in "Hey Babe, suns out let's go for a drive!"
2) POS as in "You POS, was is it now!!!!???"

Sorry.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
I generally don't name cars but in the Bill Clinton days I bought a Minx drophead. My daughter suggested that it should be named and proposed Hillary. I asked her why. She said "hillary the Hillman". My wife was listening and said "Monica would work better". I asked her why. She said "think money, she'll suck you dry".

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
"The Bunseam."

My Morris affectionately known as "Maurice", and my Triumph Renown is simply "Monsieur Poupon".