• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What would you do if.....

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
someone offered $20,000 for the Alpine.

That was the question I put to my wife this afternoon. This was prompted by Faux tgr 66's post about setting a value on his car in order to enter it into a car show. I came up with the $20,000 as I consider it a high, but semi-realistic price.

At first there dead silence, like I had not said anything. That is not uncommon with Barb. Then came the questions:
Why do you ask?
Do you want to get rid of the car?
Have you had an offer?
What would we replace it with?

But no answer. Also not uncommon with Barb. She has a way of talking and saying nothing that contains a grain of information. We were on our way to a furniture store at the time and were nearly there so the conversation changed. After an hour and a half, we left the furniture store and drove about 40 miles to eat supper.

As she was finishing her cherry pie, she said, "I would not sell the Alpine." Conversations that continue after a three hour interruption are also common with Barb. In fact, three hours is a very short time. Some intervals are weeks or months long. Makes life interesting. She continued "It is such a large part of our lives and there are a lot of places and relatives I want to see. We need to go to Atlanta to see your Aunt (then rattled off a half dozen other relatives scattered all the way to the West Coast). If we sold this car, what would we use? It is so easy to just jump into it and go without worrying about anything."

How's that for a keeper?

Bill

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
The car or the wife? ... Seems we have the answer for the car

Wonder what the alpine would say if question was reversed? :rolleyes:

Bill: You have two keepers! It seems your bride and mine have a great deal in common. We recently had a very similar conversation! :)