• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What rear ends will work

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Besides sticking with the stock Alpine rear with hardened keys and beefier bolts or using a Ford 8", what other options exist when it comes to the rear end for a V6 conversion. Can a Chevy S10 or Jeep Dana rear end be used? I've seen a few Jeep Dana 44's that are 5-lug 50" wide on my local Craig's List. I know some of the MGB V8 conversions use S10 rear ends.

Comments?????

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I think the 5 lug Jeep Dana would be a good candidate. The width is about right and the lug bolts are on a large circle (5 1/2"?), so drilling 4 on 4 1/4" would not require filling old holes.

Bill