• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What I just heard?

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Is it true that in the UK they are going to start confistcating kitchen knives? Now that they are listed as a dangerous weapon? Is that a true thing too?

What are the rumor mongors going to start next. We have enough problems keeping the cars we have here in the states.
Just a thought.
Chuck in Oregon wetteren all heck!!:(

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Here is an article about it.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4581871.stm

Seems they are after the long pointy ones. I would imagine if a law was passed, all you'd have to due is blunt the tip of any knife in question. Everyone knows a blunt knife is totally harmless. Just look at the straight razor.

All this reminds me of 50 years ago here in the states, when all the hoodlums carried switchblade knives. Oh, for the good old days.

Bill

Nickodell

Donation Time
There has been a spate of stabbings, several of them fatal, in the last couple of years. Last year the looney-tunes government overturned nearly a century of licensing hours law, and permitted bars to stay open for 24 hours. With the hundreds of thousands of unemployed, uneducated and unemployable youths coming out of the school system each year, the result was predictable - to anyone except a bureaucrat safely esconsed in his ivory tower in Westminster, that is. Used to be that the taverns turfed the "lager louts" out at 11pm; now they can get soused and start fights all day and all night.