• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What happened to the site this morning

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm now getting internal server errors when trying to navigate around the site.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Like this one:

Error 500 - Internal server error
An internal server error has occured!
Please try again later.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Odd, I have been off and on all day and no errors accessing.
Anyone else experience problems?

Steve

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I didn't receive any error messages, but the site was very unresponsive when I was on it this morning at about 7:30 AM Central Time. It has been working fine since.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hi Guys,

I am not sure what was up but there was a problem. Our service provider may have been doing some maintenance at their end. This is not for sure but our entire site was up and down during the day.

Things look better this morning.

Andrew

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
It's been fine since yesterday afternoon. But it would not even come up between 7:30 and 9:30 AM EDT yesterday morning.
I went to the site that was created the last time it was down to see if anyone else had trouble, but I was the only one there.

http://sunbeamjim.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Thanks for the reply.

65beam

Donation Time
what happened

what happened today? was it just me or were others having a problem with something concerning the data base?

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I also got a database error when trying to connect to the site, but is seems ok now.

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
The subdreamer logs files were building up again. I deleted them out and the site was restored. I sure wish I could figure out how to keep these log files from building. They are automatically created by the database and grow every time someone creates an event of different types. I can't find a switch to prevent them from working and I don't know how to rewrite the database code to omit them completely. I keep checking on them form time to time, but if I forget about them they grow to big and the site gets shut down. Sorry about that guys.

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
I dunno... it's beyond me from that point. I don't even know how to view the logs that are being created or where they are being created at. The admin interface has no log features... this is just in the sql database and I can see the table entries growing. I have had to go in and delete the data from the table... and that's all I know? Not sure how to rewrite the sql code... not my bag man... :p