• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What goes here?

JMSiragusa

Gold Level Sponsor
I am a relatively new Owner of a 1967 alpine with the v6 conversion. Love the car and am having a great time with it. As I poke around in it little things pop up, like what is supposed to go at the ends of the dash? Have not found a good picture of what it is supposed to look like. I know it is a minor thing but would like to see what it should look like. Any help is appreciated. Picture of mine is attached below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 102

gordonra

Donation Time
The piece that goes there is called a "finisher". It's an aluminum sheet that is either painted or covered with vinyl. I think I heard that someone had traced a set to document what they are.

Perhaps someone else with more info will come forward.

Rich

mikephillips

Donation Time
The original type material was a near paper thin vinyl that is apparently obsolete. When I tried to find something like it to redo mine every shop I went to with a scrap sample told me they could not source it. I ended up using regular black material similar to that used for the rest of the interior, which worked fine but is thicker and has a different pattern to the surface.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
If you look in the parts manual located at the link below it shows the two finishers. There is also some card that goes between the two finishers.

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?categoryid=89

I just gave away a set of the alluminum finishers. Easily copied. Originally covered with very thin vinyl, contact cemented on. About a 3 foot piece of card stock in between, looked like vinyl. Someone has a parts car out there you can get some crusty samples from.

paul

JMSiragusa

Gold Level Sponsor
Thank you for the help. The PO included them with the car. Here is one of them. I guess I had no idea what they where. Now I just need to figure out how they fit in that space. Looks like I need to loosen the dash board up a bit and stick these in. Looks like this is more of a project than I thought. Need to cover them first then fit them in.

Thanks again for the answers and help

John S.

Attachments

• IMG_1184.jpg
    IMG_1184.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 54

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Finishers for under the dash edge

Several guys have suggested "copying" what you have and making new ones. I did just that! n Worked great. Then finished them off with upholstery material that matches my seats.

Notice the holes!! That is for the rivets to install the finishers back in place.

Check for alignment by placing the finisher in place to match the correct holes. The Left and Right sides may vary somewhat.

If you are not familiar with the "Cleco Fasteners ask some one that does sheet metal work for a few (borrow) and get their pliers also for holding the finisher in place as you rivet it back in place.