• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Whale oil?????

Jim E

Donation Time
Know this guy who swears auto tranny fluid is made out of whale oil....ok so no amount of logic will convince the guy... like almost no one hunt whales anymore, think of how many zillions of gallons of trans fluid there is out there and where does it all come from nor are you nuts? So is there a site that busts this myth, is it a myth anyone has heard of? I mean it has to be a myth right? Then again this is so whacky an idea not sure I want to counter the guy with anything like proof cause if you believe this there is no telling what you would be capable of

Jim E

Donation Time
Yeah I can believe it in the past, just knocked me over someone thought it could still be

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Isn't that the stuff they put in the "wings" on those Jap street racers ? :confused:

Tom j

howard

Donation Time
That explains why my dad always insisted you never had to change transmission fluid. (But now I know better. Sorry dad.)