• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

West Coast Invasion: LOOK!

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
$1000 Bill

One more thanks goes out to Ash for donating 4 $1000 Alpine bills from the Island of Saba as door prizes. (I don't know, somewhere in the Caribbean.)

Attachments

• ANTILLES-ILE-de-SABA-Billet-de.jpg
    ANTILLES-ILE-de-SABA-Billet-de.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 22

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
green alpine with the tBird hood scoop

The dark green '67 with the TBird hood scoop and grill is my V6. Kevin . My brother-in-law Rick Graham is also shown with the car. We are working on his V6 conversion now. Looking very forward to next year seeing a bunch more of our great little cars show up. It was a lot of fun.

kmathis

Donation Time
It really was a blast, and so nice to see everybody and meet the face behind the names, a good time all around. Hey, we missed the landslide just north on highway 1. That is a good thing.:rolleyes:

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I have the white Mazda Miata powered Series II. Had a great time and looking forward to next year. I am hoping some of the others will post up some pictures.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
One of my favorite spots and photos, missing from this picture is two alpines, one mustang, and one (ahem) Prius.

Attachments

• 20170520_092849.jpg
    20170520_092849.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 16

65beam

Donation Time
look

A Sunbeam gathering on the east coast this past weekend.

Attachments

• PTDC0060.jpg
    PTDC0060.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 21

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bob, could you give (include) the date and location of this event in your PIC ?

Also if it was within the Southern Ohio or Upper Midwest Chapter (s) it might be good to post in the applicable Chapter also.

In an attempt to get more interest directed toward the Chapters it might help draw folks to a specific state or area.

Thanks,

DanR

65beam

Donation Time
Bob, could you give (include) the date and location of this event in your PIC ?

Thanks,

DanR

Dan,
42nd annual BASH in Harrisburg, Pa. It was May 20 and even Tom H showed up. This was the weekend for the Carlisle Import show and swap meet also. 17 of us went to the Creek Side Inn for supper Friday and the Bash was Saturday. Food, fun, rally and tech sessions. I bought lots of parts at the Carlisle swap meet.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
One of my favorite spots and photos, missing from this picture is two alpines, one mustang, and one (ahem) Prius.

Many great "California" photos. My favorite is the three cars along a fence with "LETITBE" up close (with a white bag beside it). Copied it for my desktop, but not sure how to post it here. Think it's in someone's photo bucket or somewhere like that.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
John, That "letitbe" is Toyanvil's Alpine.... I believe it is the very best creation I have seen to date of a modified Sunbeam Alpine....

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Thank you for the nice words. My car run great all weekend and got over 30 MPG. Here's the picture, trash bag and all. I wish I would have seen the bag before I took the picture. :eek:
IMG_3730-L.jpg

65beam

Donation Time
look

Someone may have thought it was a Tiger and left an up chuck bag for when the car over heats.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I bought lots of parts at the Carlisle swap meet.

How was Carlisle this year? I went last year and it felt like a dying event. It was saved for me by having Mark/Volvo Guys and one other Sunbeam vendor there, but otherwise it was pretty sparsely attended by both vendors and attendees.

65beam

Donation Time
look

Jim,
The number of vendors seems to decrease every year. I would say the count was down to 2/3 of last year. Jean and I have made this trip for many years and we see the difference. I did buy several small items including some items from Mark AKA Volvo guy. I found an NOS steering wheel badge and holder for series 1 and 2 Alpines. The long time vendors all say the same thing. E bay has made a difference.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Where are you...

PLANNING to be 19th thru 23rd of JUNE this year?

Anyone going to participate in the FRIENDS IN SUNBEAMS event in Indiana?

I sure would like to attend myself. Haven't ruled it out yet either.

Just wondering what if?

DanR