• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

West Coast Invasion: LOOK!

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I'm bringing my camera. If there's a computer we can download them.
Then upload them.
So members can download them.

john.hemsath

Diamond Level Sponsor
I hope everyone has a trouble free journey to Cambria and I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the gathering!

Still #bumbedout I had to bail this year.

John
67 Series V

Attachments

• 67 Alpine.jpg
    67 Alpine.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 14

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Hokiesmokes we are having a great time.

When I get home I'll modify some of my pictures or put them online for you to look over. The weather is postcard perfect, the attendees are great and exchanging ideas. Impromptu swap meet.

Already talking about next year.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Having a great time.
IMG_3670-L.jpg

IMG_3676-L.jpg

IMG_3688-L.jpg

IMG_3690-L.jpg

Beamin63

Donation Time
Hi All,

Well, crap. I tried every which way to get up to Cambria with you this weekend. But between mechanical/safety problems with the Alpine and personal difficulties, it's just not to be this year.

I'm doubly sad after seeing these photos. Looks just wonderful. There is no way I'm gonna miss the next one.

Regrets,

Rob D.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Having a great time.

Can you identify the owners of each Sunbeam?

I recognized the "Beautiful White One" But none of the others specifically.

Who's Green one and what wheel ? They look like what I have on my "67 Commodore Blue.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Well wrapping things up now. Awards presented.

Rich Gordon got the longest distance driven with 273
Members choice went to John Amoroso aka Toyanvil
The President's award normally goes to the guy with the most mechanical issues but soldiers on regardless, but since no one had failures it came down to a mental coin flip. I picked the car with the most edge wear on their tires although we could have recognized all of the cars. Ash Friedman flogs his car.

Door prizes drawn for.

Watch the site for next year's event guys. You members in the other areas remember the Club can help defray some of the costs to put on an Invasion. Make a new friend or friends. See how other owners solve problems. Have fun. Get involved.

The Club owes Bing and Jim Jordan a round of digital applause for doing an outstanding job of organizing and managing the event. Thanks for your hospitality guys.

Last edited:

ALPINE5GT

Diamond Level Sponsor
Home in one piece

Hey all, Thanks for the great company, and fun drives.
Becky and I made it home safely in the 1965 series VI. Dk Blue.
She of course followed in the F-150 with A/C !
94 deg. in Paso Robles yesterday, but wine festival was fun.

Thanks again,
Kevin

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
This was a great trip. Everything I imagined it to be. The friends we all made, the parts corrall, and I'll tell you, you-all missed out on a truckload of parts that were brought, especially by Kevin Rodgers.

We had amazing weather, and our drives were great. I do have to admit, the Santa Rosa Creek road was a challenge, everyone was in 1st and 2nd gear and I know I for one was watching my temp gauge right to the top. But we all made it, and continued our drive. Thanks for that route Bing.

The morning drive out to San Simeon Pier made for some great photo opps, which I know will be posted here and on our Facebook.
The tech sessions and the information that was shared between all was worth every bit of the time.

Thanks John Amaroso for the valve adjustment lesson, I know my car came away much quieter and with a bit more performance.

And thank you Nick Emmanouili for the tech session on the Boot conversion to the gas struts. It's a pleasure to open and close my boot now.

Thanks go out to Bing for his hosting the wine and beer get together Friday evening. It definitely brought everyone together a bit quicker. (No, nobody got over indulgent in the bottle, very cool.)

Thanks to everyone that attended for making my trip so memorable. I know I'm going to be begging for photos to be sent to me.

Looking forward to next year already.

bing

Donation Time
Greetings Earthlings,
With respect to the Santa Rosa Creek Rd., perhaps next year we go............. DOWN HILL! What a great time, and to think most of us had never met before! Everyone got along great. So much fun. I am working on next year's location, which will include a slight upgrade in amenities.
Bing

dwolff706

Donation Time
All,
what a fabulous weekend, exceeded all my expectations. So nice to meet new friends and share what we love.

We talked the whole way home about what a fun time we had and looking forward to next year.... even if I did get a hard time about the Prius...;)

Special thanks to John and Nick for the technical sessions. Learned some things i can readily apply, now that I am magically motivated to finish. Was a smart idea to hand us the parts list, well thought out.

Thank you
Dave

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Some of us were early risers and went for a trip up Hwy One, and had a great drive by the Ocean, with many photo ops. The skies were clear and blue, with just a hint of crisp chill in the ocean air. We had a blast. One of my best times of the trip.

Attachments

• Cambria by the sea.jpg
    Cambria by the sea.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 21

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Also, I found that this is where the "Real Business" gets taken care of.

Alright, I know I'm gonna screw this up. Sure, ask the old guy who can hardly remember his own name who all is.

From right to left. (I hope) Geoff McGuire, Ash, Nick, John Amaroso, Kelly Mathis, Rich Gordon.
Missing, Jim Jordan (behind the camera) Bing Kunzig, Kevin Rodgers, Chuck Walden, David Wolff, Kevin Rietdorf, Rick Graham.

If I missed someone, or mislabeled them, apologies.

Attachments

• 20170520_143810.jpg
    20170520_143810.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Placing Names and faces with the cars....

Can you Guys let the rest of us know you with names and faces with the Nice Sunbeams?