• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

West Coast Event/Invasion

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have been planning on being in So. Cal. in May of next year, and have been talking to Nick and Kelly about having a get together with as many Alpines, Tigers and other Rootes cars as want to come. I already have a commitment from a friend in Utah, who wants to drive his V6 Alpine to So. Cal. for a meet.

Would be great to see every V6 Alpine in the South West come and have a great time together.

Jose

Doubt very much that my Conversion will be ready by then but ready or not, count me in.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I have been planning on being in So. Cal. in May of next year, and have been talking to Nick and Kelly about having a get together with as many Alpines, Tigers and other Rootes cars as want to come. I already have a commitment from a friend in Utah, who wants to drive his V6 Alpine to So. Cal. for a meet.

Would be great to see every V6 Alpine in the South West come and have a great time together.

Jose

Aww geez.... ANOTHER ASOC get together? And those California people? And Tracy? Oh well.

:D

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Nick,

Now let's sort this out. Series V, no overdrive, never been more than 30 miles from home, 55 mph to keep rev's at 3k or less
Phoenix, 1400 miles, super freeway through WA, Or and part of Idaho. Down the lovely east side of Nevada (population 6) through Vegas, down AZ, average temp 325 degrees, population 7, down the hill to Phoenix, average temp 429
degrees. And then back.:eek:
OR, down the forested and winding road through SW Washington to Astoria, down the beautiful Oregon coast to Medford, 600 miles, stopping at Bandon dunes to play all three of the world famous links courses there. If in Medford, back east through deep forest. If in San Fran, down highway 1 and into wine country.
Crap, this is really a toughy!!!::)
:confused:

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Tracy,

First off :mad: I'm from Nevada. It's very nice. The trip to Vegas is scenic, 'specially if you take the ET Highway. East out of Tonopah to Hwy 375 past Groom Lake thru Rachel.... (Cue the theme from X-Files) Although way out in the boondocks fuel is cheaper than Vegas and Tonopah, 'cause gas as we know it is a residual by product of the flying saucers the Extraterrestrials use. They gotta get rid of the evidence. So they sell it cheap. Our government supplies the trucks. Have been for years. Never see a fuel truck coming from either direction, just out of Groom Lake.

The area along the route (cleverly disguised as pastures) are plenty of cows which are really highly trained forward observers warning the ET's of witnesses. This allows them to take off and land without detection.

Secondly, the weather isn't that bad. Its been said without our summers, our population would be 5,000,000. And 2.5mil would be pastey folk from up north wearing bermudas, socks and sandals.....:rolleyes:

Lastly, probably the hardest thing for you would be this shiny bright thing in our sky. We call it "The Sun". :cool:

'Cuse me. Time for my meds....:D

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
My wife and I drove from Mesquite to Sparks last year. Tonapah looks like a destination resort place to me:eek:
Anyway, half way to Tonapah, we had not seen a car in 20 minutes but came across a flattened rabbit in the roadway. That was the unluckiest rabbit in the world.
BTW, I have seen no evidence of anything shinny, other than a low flying passenger jet, in the sky. We don't tan, it is unhealthy, we rust.
Oh, if I go to Phoenix, I will have to see my brother in law...

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Chuck

1- eeeeuuuwwww!!!
2-

Forget it. I'm not taking this thread any further .