• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weekend of Glory - nice book

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I finally bought the book "Weekend of Glory" which documents racing in the Pacific NW from 1962 to 1970. It really is a good book that covers a broad spectrum of racing.

Lots of Sunbeam photos. If you get the chance to buy it don't hesitate.

The neat part is I found a photo of my Alpine, the Visalia Dodge Boys Alpine, racing in 1969. I had always thought the car was sold and converted to street. Apparently it continued to race with either James Hui or Ed Lund.

Steve

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Steve,

I had a quick search on Amazon for the book and looks like some great reading. Are there a few books to the series as the one that I saw stated that is was volume 2 or did they mean 2nd edition?

Regards, Robin.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Volume 1 has just one photo with an Alpine, a red Series I at the Shelton Airport race around March 1960. It's still very good reading though...

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
You will find a mention of a racer Al Doyan. I worked for him in the late 60's. Good guy good racer.He had a lotus 11, very fast. New Alpines well