• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wedgewood Alpine

bbonner

Donation Time
My car was originally Wedgewood blue. Does anyone have one that color to show me what it looks like? Also can you still go to a auto paint shop and get that color? Are the paint codes under the hood like the American cars? I have the color codes from the site but want to be sure that was the color of my car originally. I know it was a blue kind of light in color.

mikephillips

Donation Time
JumpinJan can provide a CDsize color chip. Some can be found as standard colors for other cars, some can be found close, come custom mixed.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
My car was originally Wedgewood blue. Does anyone have one that color to show me what it looks like? Also can you still go to a auto paint shop and get that color? Are the paint codes under the hood like the American cars? I have the color codes from the site but want to be sure that was the color of my car originally. I know it was a blue kind of light in color.

Bev, the backside of the hood latch panel is painted the body color and if it is the original panel, works great as a color sample. This is the one under the hood that the latch mechanism mounts to. They are usually pretty easy to remove.

The paint industry no longer uses the pigments used 40 years ago, so the color codes are of little value when color matching.

Bill

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Paint Wedgewood Blue

Rootes Original Code # 53 Color title Wedgewood Blue ;) almost the color of this winking eye guy.

Chip number 5 = Ditzler Paint = 12590 Dulux Enamel= 29018

The color is like the pottery light blue and usually found under the dash, pull the ash tray or the data plate on the engine bay dash

This is from the www.mindspring.com/~teae/painted.htm

Do not know if it is still up , but I down loaded all the paints and numbers years ago. All numbers listed here are for T/S ll-lV
I have most of the list, but many are missing .
Cheers
and Good luck
Chuck series ll # 53 , now Orange.

bbonner

Donation Time
wedgewood

Very nice I just heard that you cannot buy the original wedgewood as the paint has changed in 40 years. How did you come up with the color and who mixed it.

D

Dr.NO 007

Wedgewood Blue

Hey SCOTT
please share the paint mix info to the rest of us code#53 lovers that belong to SAOCA !
Chuck