• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weber DGR Carb

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Does anyone have info on this 2 barrel down draught carb. It's whats on my car. I have seen lots of comments on the DGV, but I have not seen anything on a DGR.

Thanks

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I belive this was an older model of the DG series carbs. the production stopped about 1980. I have a DFV carb that is no longer made as well.:eek:

RootesRich

Donation Time
The DGR is the same design as a DGV but being older, the quality of construction is a bit higher.
You can use the same jets and rebuild kits as a DGV.
Alpine Bob runs a DGR; looking at his during last year's Invasion was the 1st time I'd seen one.
I've never seen a DFV in person; I'd like to get a look at that sometime George.

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks for the info, I had called weber USA, and talked to a "tech" guy. He wanted me to send pictures of it to try to identify. Had me a little concerned

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
:)Sam,
Rich is correct. This DGR was on my car when I bought it in 2000. It's on its 2nd engine with only a small adjustment for the idle with the new cam. I also get about 30+ MPG. Pretty neat huh? It's like a Timex. Maybe I shouldn't be bragging so much, but it's a good one.
Cheers,
Alpine Bob