• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weber dcoe sidedraft choke control

Mag0152

Bronze Level Sponsor
For those who have Weber sidedraft DCOE, do you have pictures of the choke cable routing and arrangement. Also did you use the original Alpine cable?
Thanks

alpine_64

Donation Time
With DCOE's you shouldnt need the chokes. A few pumps on the throttle and hold it at 1200 rpm forn30 seconds and the car should be ok. They flow a lot of fuel and dont really need the choke function

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Not all DCOEs have a cold start enrichment circuit, and it doesnt have a mechanism to make the idle speed increase anyhow.
Learn to live without it becuase DCOEs are fair weather carbs.

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
x3. But you have all the authority you need already. I have dual DCOEs, and never once ever needed a choke. Always starts up and runs fine.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
I do exactly like Michael indicated. My Harrington Le Mans takes a bit for warm-up, but then, it goes vrooom - vroom with my uncontrollable foot ! It is a great sound.