• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weber DCOE Flooding

serIIalpine

Donation Time
Apparently I am flooding my engine with my webers which have been starting and running just fine up until now.

Something I should look for as a reason for this?

I turn on the pump wait a few seconds tap the gas and turn the key.

This used to work just fine for years and now I've flooded three times in two days.

Eric

'62 SerII

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Eric,

Have you made any modifications to your setup recently? I remember that you were talking about changing your setup from previous posts. Maybe check your carburettor fuel pumps or your ignition system if you are flooding the engine. If it was just your carbies, I would suggest the fuel pump but I don't think it's that.

Good luck, Robin.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
If the pressure is too high the needle and seats can overflow the bowl down the booster passages.

If your needles have gotten old, they may need replaced.

Regardless of what you read, I recommend a pressure setting of 2psi on 40s of our HP level. Your needles should be no larger than 1.75mm or fuel level control will be difficult.

The weber brand regulators are usually pretty good, if the pressure is all over the place, I'd use one of the holley adjustables, they are inexpensive and have a good track record.

DONT buy a purilator! I have one on mine and had to take it apart to make it work right.

BTW Eric, did you get an email from me on webers last week?

serIIalpine

Donation Time
Jarrid

I got your email, yes, thanks.

I have 200 needle valves.

Are the weber regulators temp sensitive?

Mine is right above the valve cover mounted where the old throttle arm mounted to the fire wall.

I just bought a airtex E8012S fuel pump that is rated at 3.5 lbs at 13 gph.
At least if the pressure regulator craps out the most I'll be getting is 3.5.

It was recommended by a Datsun 510 tuner that used it without regulator and a pair of 40's when he had a hot 1600cc engine in his 510.

Worth a shot.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

Eric

'62 SerII