• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weber 32/26 DGV

Thor 1211

Silver Level Sponsor
I can't seem to find any info about what is a good baseline jetting for a Weber 32/36 DGV (manual choke) for an otherwise stock series V. I know I'm not the first one to to do this conversion and was hoping to possibly avoid a lot of trial and error. Any suggestions/experience would be welcome and appreciated.

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thor, Here's thread where I described my situation.

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16449

I think I ended up using
145/ 131 Pri/ Sec main jets
180/180 air correctors
70/55 Pri /sec Idle

I'll check when I am home Sat and see what I have written in my book.

Bote that my carb is a Holley/Weber, a licensed copy, with nearly identical opeartion, but maybe a few key diffs. And my engine is bored and stroked to 1800cc .

Tom

Derek

Donation Time
Thor here is what I have

Primary Main 140
Secondary main 135
Primary Idle 55
Secondary Idle 50
Primary Air Corrector 165
Secondary Air Corrector 160
Accelerator Pump 50

this is the set up it came with from Pierce Manifolds on their manifold. Also running Crane XR 700 ignition. I've been running this way for 5 yrs and have no real issues, I have not tested it with any o2 sensor, colortune etc. so cant say for sure if this is spot on, but it works for me

Derek

Thor 1211

Silver Level Sponsor
dgv

Thanks Tom and Derek for the replies. It looks like I'm going to get a Pierce manifold. They seem quite savy about the whole DGV system and are one of the few places that actually stock an Alpine setup. The carb I have seems to have the same jetting as the off the shelf carb sold by Weberdirect and Pierce so I'll go with that to begin with. If anyone is interested I'll report back with the results once I have it installed and tested.

KenDemp

Donation Time
I am interested. As a follow up question: how can one tell what size jets are in the carb now?

Thor 1211

Silver Level Sponsor
jets

Ken:

You have to take them out and look at them, they're all stamped with the size in metric. i.e. 40 is .40 mm etc.

I'm going to go with the jetting that is there to start and then test it out. I'll report back.

kmckirdy

Donation Time
Same for Series II 1600 engine?

My Series II has the same jet setup on my DGV as Derek...
Thor here is what I have

Primary Main 140
Secondary main 135
Primary Idle 55
Secondary Idle 50
Primary Air Corrector 165
Secondary Air Corrector 160
Accelerator Pump 50

Derek

My Primary emulsion tube is F50. Secondary is F6.

Problem is the car feels starved for fuel and falls flat under heavy throttle. We checked the fuel pressure, and the stock pump is giving us 1.5-2 psi.
An old post suggested a larger primary idle jet - drilled out to 77.

Think this would help?

thanks!