• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

We need photos of your car for the 2022 Calendar!

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
The deadline for making next year's calendar is very soon and we have few photos to put in it.
Please send some high resolution photos to membership@sunbeamalpine.org
Nice clear photos against an interesting background, no people, nice cars, project cars, barn finds (with barn?)
junkyard cars, any Rootes car is fair game! Good excuse to go for a drive today and take photos too.
Thanks for your help making your calendar. Eric

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
SUNI should’ve been enough to fill a dozen calendars, so please send along all those photos.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
From a LONG time ago, when this all started. I think my membership # is 48 or 49
9.jpg

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I am in the light blue shirt. The other guys are still on this site and I hope they come forward, I am not sure I should out them :)

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
And thanks to Rod, Mike O, John, Peter V, and Jeff R for all of their photos!
Still time for others to send them in.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Just a few short days to get your photos in for consideration.
  • “Oh, but my car’s too ugly.” Nope.
  • “It’s not even running.” So what?
  • “I don’t have a camera.” Get your kid to take a photo.
  • “I have a picture of my Buick.” That’s nice. But where’s your Alpine?
  • “My car is not an Alpine.” Great, what other joys does Lord Rootes have to offer?
  • “I like puppies.” Again, great, but that’s not pertinent.
  • “Mine’s only a pile of parts.” Ooh, sounds like August to me.
  • “I took 1700 photos at the United, but I can’t very well email them all in.” Let me know and I’ll give you a place to put them.
  • “I don’t know how to take a decent picture.” Google cool car photos and duplicate that.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
When Dan hammers my check (which is enroute) I’ll send one, if you still need more.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Welp, unless we get a rather large influx of car photos emailed to membership@sunbeamalpine.org, we won't be able to have a calendar this year.

We've received a handful of photos, but unfortunately most of the photos we have received are too low res (smaller than 1mb) to be printed.

I had high hopes that the calendar was going to be all United this year. The United had something like 100 Sunbeams, 150 cameras and/or phones, and zero photos. I heard there were something like six Harringtons. I have received photos of zero. Did you see that gorgeous Series 1? Me either.

Nick, yes, please send. Everyone else, please send.

In the past, I've threatened to do a calendar with 12 photos of my cars. Perhaps this year we'll just have 12 photos of my dogs. I know, great calendar, but that's not what we're here for.

IMG_8097 copy.png

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
Do you respond when you get one? I sent in a couple photos a week ago as well..

EDIT.. Nevermind.. got confirmation

Last edited:

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Do you respond when you get one? I sent in a couple photos a week ago as well..

EDIT.. Nevermind.. got confirmation

Unfortunately, I've had several very busy months at work, and free time has been a premium. I haven't been able to respond to each submission. I'm working on clawing out from under things now and hopefully I'll be able to catch up soon.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I emailed to the membership address listed above.

I checked again, and it doesn't look like we've received any photos from you for this year's calendar. Please resend to calendar@sunbeamalpine.org. I've created a new email address to avoid photos getting lost in the shuffle of all the membership communications.

How about mine?

We have received your photos, and so you're in the consideration pile.

Here are the users whose photos we received at the membership@ email address for this year's calendar:
  • Bill Blue via Barbara Blue and 65sunbeam
  • Ernesto Vumbles
  • Toyanvil
  • Bradly via DanR
  • Series6
  • DaveSeries1
  • Dan R
  • beamdream
  • DurhamGuy
  • Mike OD (featured in 4/2021)
  • NSBluenose (featured in 9/2021)
  • sunbeamowner (photos too low res)
  • 65sunbeam
  • Alpine1789
  • Slainte
  • RootesRooter
If you don't see your username and have sent photos, please resend to the calendar@sunbeamalpine.org email address. There's still a little time.