• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Way off subject

Pumpkin

Donation Time
I am running win XP pro, as most several programs try to kill each other for a slot. MSworks calendar won't come up because of a MSDART.dll file, either missing or shot down. And on shutdown I am getting the old program Procomm a note that it's USRprbda.exe is incorrect..

any one? also I have purchased the program registrysmart.. in an atempt to repair some dam thing.. to no avail.:mad:
chuck

gordonra

Donation Time
When things get hosed, someimes it's best to just dump it and do a complete reload. Things always run better with a clean machine anyway.

I always partition my physical drive as at least two logical drives. One for the operating system, and one for the vast amunt of data that I accumulate. In this way, I can put all the critical data on the second partition and completely wipe the first partition to reload. This works very well, and I do it on all of the PC's I maintain. Just make sure that your OS partition is large enough for your anticipated needs. Usually 60 gig will be fine.

Rich

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
I feel your Pain!

Bill Gates should be hunted down and have hot tar and feathers! We purchased a new Dell lap top for Christmas wonderful computer XP inferred all the works BUT, O by the way all the software is a TRIAL they only want 300 more dollars after 90 days to use outlook, word, excel etc.
So trying to beat the man at his own game we got the government issue of XP for home use only a legal copy Wahoo!
AGH my anguish, guess what one software for what ever reason is not compatible with this copy, any guess? OUTLOOK the one I use daily at home to e-mail so now I have lost all my e-mail accounts. Sorry Microsoft! So now I am trying to rebuild my accounts using Peoplepc e-mail software which is the pits for when and if I change my service guess what I lose again, yep all my e-mail accounts. You just want to reach through the internet and strangle whomever made this copy not compatible to that copy, AGH!! The one solution is of course to go purchase the 07 release of Outlook just under a hundred bucks now how easy is that, money hungry greedy Bill Gates!

Donna

Pumpkin

Donation Time
stupid computer!

:eek: So no help here huh? And believe it or not, I started out with a radio shack some darn thing TRS 80, then went to MAC ,, changed jobs and all heck broke loose , the new guys wanted windows,:rolleyes: ,,.
Actually it hasn't been all that bad,, only once in a while I'll get somethng like this problem.. THAT really ps' me off.:mad:
But you all are good..
Cheers
Chuck waiting for parts..again

Jim E

Donation Time
I Googled "MSDART.dll" and a bunch of stuff came up on the problem and how to repair it. Would run the search and read a bit to see what looks the best to fix it. Would start with the MS page on the problem that lists the causes.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842014

Hope the above link will take you there

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=MSDART.dll+&btnG=Google+Search

There is the Google search.

I am using TweakNow reg cleaner which is freeware and it seems to work for removing bits of crap in the reg from de-installed programs, at least I think that is what it does, so far it has not caused any problems...

Hope that helps I just have not had may issues with this sort of thing and may be off base. The biggest problem day to day is the darn spyware. Work on a PC for a lady the other day and she had hundreds and hundres of the little darlings she was ready to toss it out and buy a new one. Ran Adawre and Spybot cleared it up.

Jim E

Donation Time
Did you figure it out?

I opened my big yap and now have a screwy issue with outlook not sending or revieving mail and spooling up unsent in some secret place that I cannot find so it can repeatedly bounce them.... arrrggg... So I down loaded Thunderbird which went very smooth and it also imported all my info so no coping or configuring, nice! Now to use it a while and see how it works. Anyone else using this for email?

Pumpkin

Donation Time
DAng computers

HI Jim, thanks for those references.

I looked all over for a decent spot ..As far as all those bugs , I have for several years used Ad-Aware, and Avg cleaner. I just recently YEH bought the program RegistrySmart. It does a pretty good job of straightening out some of the messes'.

Tweak Now?? Boy I must be out of the loop..

Also in my ISP, they scan for all spam mail that comes in,, well once in a while some one will get through but I send it to the scanners and they getem..
I haven't heard of the Thunderbird deal. If it works, don't kick it.
I also do a defrag every day plus using the other ones very regular.
I am going to look now at the ones you referenced to me.
Thanks
Chuck in Portland

gordonra

Donation Time
I use Outlook Express at home so that I can manage my regular email and two Hotmail accounts. I've used it for years and have custom configured the folder locations on occaision so tht mltiple computers can access the same email folders on a server.

Both Outlook and Outlook Express are very suseptable to worms and other attacks. Some companies use other email clients and servers like packages such as Novel Groupwise or Lotus Notes to derail the bastards that generate this kind of crap.

Just one suggestion if you use either Outlook package; It's generally a good idea to disable the preview pane so that attachments won't run unexpectedly during the preview, and of course, don't open mail from anyone you don't know.

Rich

gordonra

Donation Time
I found the file MSDart.dll in both my c:\windows\system32 folder and c:\windows ServicePackFiles\i386 folder.

Both files are the same size and date, so you may check against what you have:
Size: 148 KB
Date: 8/4/2004 12:56AM

The c:\windows\system32 is the one that is being loaded.

Rich