• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Watkins Glen

mototron

Donation Time
Hello all
does anyone know what a good lap time would be on the long course at the Glen with a series II Alpine lightly Modified or similar Car of that Era

Thanks
Rocco

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Period lap times

Rocco,

I don't know if this is the long course time but it was a National Event lap time from 1962. Lightly modified by todays standards (no more than .030 over, balanced, port polished, matched intake). The fastest lap was 1:45.

At Mid-Ohio 1964= 2:03

At Lime Rock 1964 = 1:13.1
(Lime rock in the 70's = 1:08-09, shows you the difference in rules + slicks)

Steve

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I thought I would also mention the 1970's time at Lime Rock was about 4-5 seconds off the leaders.

mototron

Donation Time
Steve
That must be the short course time
The Long Course is 3.4 miles
GT3s do in in about 2.0 mins

Thanks
Rocco

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
The 1962 course was 2.3 Miles.

Fastest Laps: Overall: 61 Cooper Monaco T61 Buick Walt Hansgen (USA) 1:27.400 152.421 km/h