• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Water pump help

twospeed

Donation Time
This is on e-bay right now and was looking at it because my SIII needs a water pump. The casting they show is for a SIII but the new bearing assemby they show looks longer.What do you all think? S-S book shows series2345 all the same pump.
I have a pump it just leaks alittle.
e-bay #190373162324
Thank you

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Im quite sure the water pump changed from early to late series.. the 1725 is different for sure.

I think the pump changed from SI to SII, but the rest of the years seam compatible.

I run an SV pump on my SII (header tank) which also has a down pipe to from the thermo housing to the pump casting.

Also I think there may be an offset issue between some iron head setups and the later alluminum head setups (at least thats what someone told be once).

alpine_64

Donation Time
I think the pump changed from SI to SII, but the rest of the years seam compatible.

I run an SV pump on my SII (header tank) which also has a down pipe to from the thermo housing to the pump casting.

Also I think there may be an offset issue between some iron head setups and the later alluminum head setups (at least thats what someone told be once).

jarrid,

Might be the case.. i have a SI motor in my SII.. but.. can we use the hunter/arrow pumps on a vertical 1725.. i know the bases of them look different. they have the pointy part on them ounting surface

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Chaps,

SI (1494) pump casting has the smaller inlet diameter and the bearing/shaft assy. is shorter than SII to SV (1592/1725) which all use the same pump.

The NOS stuff in the ebay ad. looks correct for 1592/1725, it's the s/h bearing in the pic that looks weird. Almost even too short for the 1494?

The concern with NOS stuff of that vintage would be what shape the rubber seal is in, is the sealing face of the new impeller corroded etc. Is a kit or complete pump NLA from SS?

Haven't seen an Arrow type alloy pump fitted to a Series engine, even if it was do able I think it might be kinda funny looking :eek:

Cheers, Lance.

65beam

Donation Time
water pump

it would be hard to use the water pump from an arrow / fastback on an alpine since the hoses are opposite to the series alpines. the top hose goes on the right hand side of the radiator.