• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Water pump and front cover

uktjas2

Donation Time
Hi all
I am fitting a v6 into my SII with the help of one of joses kits
Could someone help me with some photos and maybe the part numbers of the correct waterpump I need as I am in the uk and here there are many differant types here

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Tony,

You need the number for the timing cover too. In the states, the number begins with the number 74, which means that it was first used in 1974.

Can someone please post a picture of the correct timing cover for Tony?

Jose

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Tony, Jose asked for someone to send help your way.... Send me an E-mail and I'll get you some PIC's.

Can't seem to upload on the Forum.

Thanks,

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
uktjas2, per JOse's and your request I just finished sending about 50 PIC's in five or six emails to you.

Hope you can get some use out of them. IF you have any questions let me know.

On the Timing cover you will be able to clearly make out the Ford part numberand also the manufacture date.

The PICs with the water pumps are the correct pump (smaller) for the Mustang II engine and the larger will not work.

I included PIC's of Jose's headers on my '65 SIV Alpine GT that I am putting the 2.8 V6 Ford in for the conversion. The car is on my rotisserie and allows a got view of them. I have much work to get the exhaust routed to the rear.

This car is was originally equiped with the BW 35 Automatic transmission. I fabricated the Tranny Bracket to fit to the '97 Mustang 3.8 T5 Transmission.

Have aslo, sold several of them to guys doing V6 conversions to their automatics.

Hope this helps....

JR66

Gold Level Sponsor
Dan R, You obviously went to a lot of effort to make and send those 50 or so pics. Is there any way they can be posted for the rest of us? Photos are very helpful as well as interesting.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Tony,

The 1983-1985 2.8´s in the states had the longer water pump, but if you change out the timing cover and water pump, you´ll be OK. I don´t know if the same years in the UK were the same, as far as the water pump goes.

Jose

Thanks for all your repiles I am fit a 2.8efi engine from a 1983 ford carpi uk car

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan R, You obviously went to a lot of effort to make and send those 50 or so pics. Is there any way they can be posted for the rest of us? Photos are very helpful as well as interesting.

JR66, if you can send me your e-mail I'll resend them to you.

I have trouble uploading to the Forum for some odd reason.

uktjas2

Donation Time
Been to look at what I have on my engine
Took some photos which I have sent to you (Danr)
I also cc Jose

The code on the front cover is 74 im6059 AA
I don't think it is the long water pump but give me your views please

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Correct Timing Cover!

Tony, you have the correct timig cover for the conversion.

I looked at your PIC's and:

Image 4: Has a clear view of the correct water pump
because it has the "sqaure" looking return for the water heater.

Image 5: Shows the correct numbers for the Timing
Cover. The numbers and letters are: 74 TM 6059 AA.

Image 6: The double pulleys will probably not work
because of the lack of spare between the radiator and fan.

uktjas2

Donation Time
Thanks Danr

Jose sent me the same info
that's the last bit of the puzzle I can now start my conversion

Many thanks