• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Washer Bottle Placement

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Here you go - from Bob Webb's Series II (aka Harrington Le Mans)

Attachments

• Bob Webb_4.jpg
    Bob Webb_4.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 59

65beam

Donation Time
washer bottle

scott,
when we were at mid ohio for the vintage races ,one of the concourse judges asked jean how we got the bottle to stay so white after all these years . she had to tell him it was a new one. spoiled all the fun i could have had with him . rats! if you haven't bought a new one yet you need to.

Duke

Donation Time
Don't forget the bottle bracket is painted black and the bottle holder is royal blue.

I have been wondering about this for my Tiger. My MG's And Austin Healey both had the brackets royal blue. Is this correct for the Tiger too?

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I think the holder came as a part of the 'kit' as deliverd by the OEM, so, yes, I believe all bottle holers were blue. My Triumphs and BMC cars certainly all had them in blue, except the very late BL cars. My Sunbeam, however, has a bag, not a bottle, so I can't say with certainty. Given how tight things were at Rootes, though, I can't see why they'd spend the extra £ painting them.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
There's a Ford engine blue available in spray cans at the local auto stores that is an exact match. Don't remember the name of the color right now, but if you look you'll find it.