• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WANTED TO BUY 1959-END OF PRODUCTION ALPINE

benzman

Donation Time
TOP $ FOR RIGHT CAR. PPI at my cost with Alpine pro of my choice, results available to seller. Car must be straight with a clean transferable title, no restored salvage, well sorted out, rust professionally repaired with photos and records. The more records the better and many, many current photos. Prefer not black exterior. Series V, or front disc brakes are a plus as are trued spoke wheels. No need for a hardtop, but a good top with a full cockpit tonneau would be nice. Also no need for a sound system.
The car must be presentable, not best of show, but a crowd pleaser with no obvious flaws and verifiable service up to date.
Upon coming to terms, purchase price will be paid by wire transfer through a professional escrow agent or similar party upon completion of paperwork and delivery to transporter of my choice, my cost, for delivery to Phoenix, AZ
The quicker the better as my driving session is short because of my location in the White Mountains of AZ (85935).
All submissions will receive a prompt and courteous response.
I am not a flipper, just looking to relive some glory days which started with a 1960 Alpine, white over red and spoke wheels, delivered new in Paris and promptly driven to Le Mans, France, at break-in speeds, with full press credentials from the SCCA, which resulted in a three page story, with photos, on the 1960 Les Vingt-quartre Heures du Mans in the August 1960 edition of Sports Car, the official magazine of the SCCA.
Thank you for your consideration.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Just to give you a heads up ALL series alpines had front disc brakes.... They get a servo and extra 1/2" with series 3 onward....

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I wish you luck in finding one. Early Alpines are really thin on the ground especially in excellent condition so hopefully your posting will bring one out of the woodwork!

We sure would like to see that article about your car in the SCCA magazine-can you post it here?

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Here is the article that Phil sent-and actually wrote about the Le Mans race in 1960. No Sunbeam content though but some great photos. Thanks Phil-something that must have really been special to see and hear!

Attachments

• Hammond 1960 Le Mans Article (2).pdf
    581.6 KB · Views: 17

benzman

Donation Time
Here is the article that Phil sent-and actually wrote about the Le Mans race in 1960. No Sunbeam content though but some great photos. Thanks Phil-something that must have really been special to see and hear!

Yes, it was a ball. I watched and photographed the running start, stationed just behind the barrier across from the cars. and I saw the ice being dumped into the Corvette engine which was over heating. A truly once in a lifetime experience.
I did the same at the 1958 1000 KM at the Nurburgring, drove all nightfrom Munich at break-in speeds in a just purchased Borgward Kombi (2 door station wagon). I'll send it along as well. pbh

benzman

Donation Time
All Series Alpines left the factory with front disc brakes.
I don't recall that being a reason for purchase, the main reason was the roll up windows. I was tired of side curtains, especially in OHIO where I was living at the time.
thanks for the info.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Prefer not black exterior. Series V, or front disc brakes are a plus as are trued spoke wheels. No need for a hardtop, but a good top with a full cockpit tonneau would be nice. Also no need for a sound system..

Seemed to me that you listed disc brakes as a preffered criteria.... Hence letting you know they all have them but the s3 owards slightly larger and with servo assistance

benzman

Donation Time
thank you, i didn't know that.
am presently looking at a 62 alpine found in auto trader in MS. planning on a PPI within the next week. That will be interesting as seller was rather vague on how long owned and had no history on it. but I'm ot looking for a best of show, just a presentable, safe daily driver. ciao.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I would say buy the best body you can.... Mechanical stuff on an alpine is relatively cheap and easy....bodywork.... Very expensive very quickly.

Also the early cars Si/Ii have less availability of interior trim etc..

benzman

Donation Time
Thank you, all info is being tucked away until I get a PPI in a 62 located in MS, should be done within next 8-10 days. pbh